Monday, April 11, 2011

Everybody Needs a Holiday

Shutdown averted, we were able to celebrate Juan Santamaria day without worry. I headed to the beach with a colleague and surfed for the first time in 11 years. This photo is from that surf trip in 2000. I'm the one with the pony tail in the photo. I cut it that year, after having met Her. We married a little over a year afterwards and Static was born 9 months later. My surfing trip today kept me away from home longer than I anticipated and everybody was disappointed I was so late, especially Static. We hung out a bit, ate dinner, and then I put them to bed. When I sat down in front of the computer after Castle, the web browser was opened to a WikiHow article--How to Have Fun With Your Dad. It provides seven steps for broaching the subject with your dad and then some other tips and suggestions. Static had followed them to the letter when I got home today trying to get me to spend some time with him. I guess it's time to start teaching Static to surf.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, that's very sweet. Tell Static hello from us. We can't wait to have fun together in a few months!